If you Google the definition of a Virtual Assistant, this is what you will find:
“A Virtual Assistant (typically abbreviated to VA, also called a virtual office assistant) is generally self-employed and provides a professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients remotely from a home office “.
But a Virtual Assistant is so much more than that and here are the reasons why:
- A good Virtual Assistant will bring a wealth of diverse skills with them when they come to work with you. Many individuals have worked as administrators and PA’s for years and will have an enormous amount of knowledge and ideas that will benefit you and your business.
- They run their own business and therefore understand the types of pressures that you as a business owner face and will be able to empathise with the need to know/do everything yourself.
- They are a confidant, a supporter, someone who you can discuss things with and who will be able to contribute ideas. When things get tough, call your VA!
- They will support and run your business behind the scenes. You won’t even need to think about all those tasks that you never got around to as they will have been done, thus giving you more time to concentrate on your business development and client relationships.
- It is a common misconception that hiring a VA is expensive, but if you find the right one that is the best fit for your business, we pay for ourselves. Having a VA supporting your business saves time, money and energy and allows you to concentrate on the things that you enjoy, therefore resulting in growth, development and most importantly a stress free you!
Should you be thinking of hiring a VA in the future bear these points in mind and consider just how much they would be worth to you.